Here at the Haines House, we’re good and ready for this week because this Wednesday is Ash Wednesday, beginning The Lenten season. Our season of mourning, our season of focus, and our season to give up caffeine and chocolate, so when the urges hit, we go humbly to Father in acknowledged neediness.
We’ll begin the march to the cross, to Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. We’ll dig our focus deeper, longing for Christ’s ultimate glorification, and our ultimate glorification in Him.
Beginning the process of preparation this year in this house has somehow involved delving into Ephesians and asking a few of our friends to join us in the reading. Verses were divided between friends and this is what a group reading from folks across the country and globe sounds like so far:
Ephesians places us directly in the narrative, explaining that the redemptive work of Christ made way for our adoption and provided for our inheritance in Him. Ephesians explains the richness of life in Christ.
Now that the project has already started, we couldn’t stop at chapter one, and we want your help to complete the video.
Are you interested in celebrating your redemption and adoption with the Haines house, this (in)courage community, and the body of Christ by giving your voice to His words in Ephesians?
If so, this is what you can do:
- Link up below, indicating the verse you will read (i.e., Seth, 1:1). We will start with Chapter 2, verse 4. Each person linking up will take the next verse in succession.
- We would like to keep this representative of the entire church (including women, men, and kids), so if you have a friend, husband, older child, etc., that would read, we welcome you to please sign up for one additional spot.
- The video clips will need to be in .mov file format or any format that can be viewed in QuickTime (iPhone videos work well). When you read, do not read the reference.
- If you read from an iPhone or portable device, make sure you shoot the video lengthwise (turn the phone sideways). That way, the video will take up the entirety of the screen.
- When you email your video to firstname.lastname@example.org, make the subject line be the chapter and verse.
- All submissions need to be in by March 31, 2011 (sooner if possible). Feel free to be creative in your presentation.
The final version of the video will be posted here at (in)courage at the beginning of Holy Week.
We are so excited that you have chosen to share this experience with us. Let us prepare our hearts this Lenten season by meditating on the mission of Christ.
Please join us!