I love that (in)courage truly has built a place for the hearts of women. I feel at home here and it is filled with the most amazing women who are chasing after God and letting His hand write all over their lives. I’m so grateful to be here, aren’t you?
This past fall I started hanging out with the leaders of our (in)courage community groups called (in)couragers. They opened the doors of places online for like-minded women to gather, encourage each other, and connect beyond the blog post. It was like watching little lighthouses of encouragement pop up all over the internet. It was a beautiful sight to see. I also learned a few things along the way as well, and I thought I’d share them with you today:
- If you are breathing, you can encourage others.
- Everyone needs encouragement.
- You don’t have to be perfect in a perfect stage of life to encourage someone. You just have to be willing.
- We are like Jesus when we encourage.
- Hanging out with encouraging women is a good thing.
- Prayer is a great way to encourage someone.
- Social media was made for encouraging.
- Encouragement is like a good cup of coffee on a cold day – it warms you up from the inside out and helps kick start your day.
- For women, encourage is a love language.
- (in)courage gets encouragement.
We are busy right now planning for our second session of community groups. During our next round we will be expanding existing groups and opening new ones. Our plan is to start on February 12 and go through the end of April. I hope you will make plans now to be part of it. We’ll have a place just for you. I promise.
“So speak encouraging words to one another.
Build up hope so you’ll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind.
I know you’re already doing this; just keep on doing it.”
1 Thessalonians 5:11 The Message