REVISED!! Congratulations to Christine Hough, Elizabeth Giger and Leigh Kramer whose names were randomly selected for our Mary & Martha Giveaway! Thank you to all who joined in our community link-up, and especially for ALL your encouragement and feedback in comments (and for visiting the posts before and after yours in the linky!!).
Hearing your feedback about our summer study on Bread & Wine: a love letter to life around the table has been a delight. We’ve heard how many of you have embraced this role of loving others by inviting them around your table; you’ve shared pictures and stories of trying new recipes; and you’ve let us know how your perspective is changing, how you’re realizing perfection isn’t the goal, presence is.
Which reminds me that He just wants us to want His presence.
We’re excited to host this community-wide Linky today, for you to share your kitchen victories, family recipes and stories about love and life around the table!
And we’re doubly blessed to offer an amazing giveaway to three of you who join in today:
Pictured above, from the Grace & Gratitude Collection of Mary & Martha:
- Large, Antique Teal Serving Bowl
- Heirloom White Platter
- Memo Board with Easel
Wait!! What about Blessings Unlimited? WHAT in the world is Mary & Martha??
A change, friends…and Bloom readers are among the first to learn about this re-imagining of what was formerly known as Blessings Unlimited–
Welcome to Mary & Martha.
Blessings Unlimited has a new strategy, new direction and a new name! Why a new name?
Changing a name signals a new beginning.
For most of us, when we marry we receive a new name, to indicate a beginning. When biblical characters were redirected (new beginning) it included a name change. Abram became Abraham, Saul became Paul, Sari became Sarah…
Mary & Martha is place where it’s not about perfection, it’s about the people. People in your home, people in my home. Homes where people are loved on…and can meet Jesus.
A place where we celebrate life in the “&”!
- loving others & loving God
- worship & service
- friends & family
- meaningful & simple
- homemade goodies & TV dinners
Mary & Martha. Changing the way a generation of women think about their homes.
Perfect isn’t point, the people around your table are.
Meaningful Entertaining…Made Simple.
Here’s a glimpse of what we mean:
Hasn’t this been the essence of Bread & Wine?
- Please link post (new or archived) related to the topic of Food & Community; you’re welcome to share your thoughts on our study, on Shauna’s book, or even your favorite recipe posts. Be sure to link only the direct post URL (not the landing page of your blog).
- Connect with our community! Be sure to visit others taking part in our Linky–at a minimum visit (and comment to!) the posts directly before and after yours in the Linky list. A thoughtful comment means so much to a writer.
- Don’t have a blog? Please share your thoughts in comments.
- Giveaway will be open until 8/9/13; three participants will be randomly chosen and you must have a U.S. mailing address.
Won’t you invite your friends to join us?
Tweet/Facebook/Pin/Instagram about our Link-up–we’re hopeful many in our Bloom community take part…even those of you who’ve been very quiet! Be sure to use the #inbooks hashtag, too.
- On Monday, we’ll have a fun surprise for you, so take advantage of the Bloom email subscription to receive your alert.
- The Linky will remain open until next Friday; we’ll contact the winners of our fabulous Mary & Martha giveaway on next Monday!! Thanks for helping spread the word! (Edited to add: all giveaway winners have been contacted and have responded. Thanks for entering!)
We hope you’ll plan to join us again for our fall study!! If you subscribe to our free, exclusive emails, you’ll be among the first to know details.
Link away, Lovies!! We can’t wait to Blog Hop to your posts!