Life has been really busy for me these days. In addition to being a wife and a mom:
- I left the job I had been at for seven years – a company of 12 people.
- I started a new job – a huge non-profit with more than 20,000 employees.
- I moved my blog from Blogger to WordPress (I hope you will take a peak).
- The not-yet-revealed author, Angie and I shot all the videos for the next Bloom (in)courage study (we will be announcing it May 15).
- I have flown to California twice and to Wisconsin once in the past month.
- We’re putting our condo on the market (hopefully in the next month).
- I am seven months pregnant.
Some days it has felt like I could hardly breathe. The days have moved too quickly as I go from one thing to another, barely comprehending all that I am doing.
Do you ever feel that way?
But even in the midst of the busyness, I have been working hard to find quiet time for ME.
- Reading my bible (or listening to it on my iphone or in the car)
- Reading good fiction
- Taking photos and working on Project Life
I find that when I am taking some time for me, I am able to think clearer and be more aware of God’s presence in my life. He slows me down and guides my steps.
Consider these verses today.
A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.
The Lord will guide you continually …
Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass … Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.
This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.
What can you do today that is for you? Whatever it is, reflect on the truth that God is with you, guiding your steps.
By Jessica Turner from The Mom Creative.