Emily brought such a great word on her Periscope last week as we chatted about “Part 2: Embracing Our Tuesday Work” from Simply Tuesday. I loved when she said: “When I compete with you, I’m trying to do the same thing better, instead of connecting with you and doing my own thing well.” Isn’t that the truth? I often think of competition like a traffic jam — if we each stayed in our lane, merged thoughtfully, and let one another go ahead to keep everything moving, we’d push the Kingdom of God further forward — together — instead of jamming up the one lane we think we all need to be in at the same time.
In case you missed it, you can catch the full replay from last week on this post!
Today we’re going to be chatting with Emily about “Part 3: Finding Our Tuesday People” (chapters 7-9). If you’ve already read that section, woohoo! If you’ve just received your book and haven’t had a chance to get started, don’t worry! You can jump in at any time and join us — plus, hanging out with us live on Periscope is open to everyone!
Be sure to follow (in)courage AND Emily on Periscope (just click the links for both names and you’ll be able to get all the info you need to download the free app if you don’t have it yet) and join us TODAY for a free live chat!
Here’s how it will work:
- At noon EST (in)courage will go live to chat, give you an extra fun giveaway announcement, etc. When our broadcast ends, you’ll jump over to watch Emily! If you’re following both of us, Periscope will tell you as soon as Emily is live!
- At 12:05 EST Emily will go live to discuss “Embracing Our Tuesday Work” and will answer some of YOUR questions! If you have something you’d like to ask the author, simply leave your question in the comments here on this blog post.
Q1. At the very beginning of chapter 7, Emily quotes Shauna Niequist, who says “With people, you can connect or compare but you can’t do both.” What are some practical steps you take when you find yourself comparing instead of connecting?
Q2. On page 138, Emily says “Small things have big influence.” When I was in the 7th grade, a teacher told me I was a great writer and invited me to write for our school newspaper — small words and an invitation that God used to get me right where He wanted me today. What small words or moments in your life have had a big influence?
Q3. Share something you highlighted as you read through (or your own celebrity sighting story!) — we love hearing what you’re loving! This week I’ve loved this line from Emily’s ending prayer in Chapter 9:
“May Christ be our security when we care too much about the little things and our salvation when we care too little about the big ones.” ~ Emily P. Freeman
- Buy the book
- Join the Facebook group
- Connect with Emily on her blog, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook
- Connect with Crystal on her blog, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest & Periscope
- Learn more about Periscope
- Use hashtags #inbooks and #simplytuesday to connect with us!
We’ll see you here Thursday, where you’ll be able to watch the replay of today’s live chat with Emily! Happy Tuesday, friends!Leave a Comment