More love. Less fear. Can you believe we’re at our final week of our Simply Tuesday book club already? Time has flown, but what a joy it has been to read through Emily’s beautiful book and hear from all of you each week! On Thursday we’ll have a link up available for those of you who are bloggers so you can share your favorite moments from the book, any lessons you’ve learned, and what you’ve loved.
This last section of Simply Tuesday speaks so kindly to my often fearful heart. If I’m honest, I’ll tell you that I almost never try something new if I don’t think I’ll be great at it. The fear of failing or being embarrassed has robbed me of the joy of experiencing new adventures. I’ve over-planned and over-controlled to make sure my fears didn’t come true, and in the end, I missed the actual experience. I loved what Emily said on page 206, when she categorized her plan-making in one of two ways: “either I plan as I’m pushed by fear or as I’m led by love.” Let’s let love lead today, friends.
Today we’re going to be chatting with Emily about “Part 5: Seeing Beyond Tuesday” (chapters 13-15). If you’ve already read that section, woohoo! If you’ve just received your book and haven’t had a chance to get started, don’t worry! You can jump in at any time and join us — plus, hanging out with us live on Periscope is open to everyone!
Be sure to follow (in)courage AND Emily on Periscope (just click the links for both names and you’ll be able to get all the info you need to download the free app if you don’t have it yet) and join us TODAY for our final live chat!
Here’s how it will work:
- At noon EST (in)courage will go live to chat, give you an extra fun giveaway announcement, etc. When our broadcast ends, you’ll jump over to watch Emily! If you’re following both of us, Periscope will tell you as soon as Emily is live!
- At 12:05 EST Emily will go live to discuss “Seeing Beyond Tuesday” and will answer some of YOUR questions! If you have something you’d like to ask the author, simply leave your question in the comments here on this blog post.
Q1. In the quote we referenced earlier from page 206, “either I plan as I’m pushed by fear or as I’m led by love,” where do you fall? Are your more often pushed by fear or led by love?
Q2. On page 230, Emily says “When we sit we may find answers, but most likely we’ll finally hear the questions.” Do you find it easy to sit and rest, or are you a little afraid of the questions you might hear if you finally stop to listen for them?
Q3. Share something you highlighted as you read, or what Tuesdays now mean to you — we love hearing what you’re loving!
Continue the conversation over in our Facebook group!
- Buy the book
- Join the Facebook group
- Connect with Emily on her blog, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook
- Connect with Crystal on her blog, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest & Periscope
- Learn more about Periscope
- Use hashtags #inbooks and #simplytuesday to connect with us!
In Case You Missed It
- Part 1: Discovering Our Tuesday Home & the video replay
- Part 2: Embracing Our Tuesday Work & the video replay
- Part 3: Finding Our Tuesday People & the video replay
- Part 4: Accepting Our Tuesday Soul & the video replay
We’ll see you here Thursday, where you’ll be able to watch the replay of today’s live chat with Emily! Happy Tuesday, friends!Leave a Comment
Lyli Dunbar says
Q1. I’m a bit of a scaredy cat, honestly. I am so thankful for all the Bible verses on fear — especially the one that says “perfect love casts out fear.” His love helps me push through the fear.
Q2. I am a sitter and a pray-er. I tend to pray through the questions… it’s the only thing that helps me get through. And because God has a great sense of humor, I married a do-er who has a hard time sitting.
Q3. Three words from chapter 13 are swishing around in my heart this week: “…Love sits with.”
p.s — I really loved Emily’s practice of writing down “These are the days of…” in her journal. I will be stealing that. 🙂