We want to read YOUR story!
Everyone has a story to tell. Through your first-person stories, we want to read how God has moved in your life, what you’ve learned about Him, or what He’s been showing you as you journey through your faith and life. If you’re new to (in)courage but want to write an article for us, please read our About Us page to get a sense of what our community is about.
Guest Article Submission Calendar
The submission form will open four times each year. When the form is open, it will be located at the bottom of this page. After submitting an article you will receive a response via email the first week of the following month. (For example, if you submit a guest article for review between December 1st-15th, you will hear back from us the first week of January.)
- December 1st -15th: for articles to be featured January- March
- March 1st -15th: for articles to be featured April – June
- June 1st -15th: for articles to be featured July-September
- September 1st – 15th: for articles to be featured October – December
- Your article should be story-driven and have a strong takeaway (what you want the reader to take away from your article; must be a faith/Jesus-related takeaway). Make sure you tell us what you’ve learned from your story and not someone else’s.
- We only accept original pieces that haven’t appeared anywhere else (including your personal blog).
- Articles must be between 600 and 900 words in length.
- Submit your post as a Word document, and include your name and the title of your post in the Word document itself (at the top of the page) as well as in the doc title (example: Kate Courage – Post Title Here.doc).
- If quoting a verse from the Bible, please include the translation from which you are quoting.
- If you have written for (in)courage in the past, we kindly ask that you wait six months from the time of original submission before submitting again. (For example: If you submitted in March and your article was accepted, you must wait till September to submit again.)
- Submit only ONE article.
- Please do not submit articles to promote items. However, regarding promotion opportunities, you can email Joy Groblebe.
- Please DO NOT submit articles or queries via email. They will not be considered.
At (in)courage, we seek to share stories that intersect parts of our everyday lives, and that will encourage, empower, inspire, and connect us to one another. Some topics we like to read about are:
- Community (church, neighborhood, global)
- Relationships (singleness, family, marriage, parenthood)
- Faith and Identity
- Diversity (culture, race)
- Struggle (suffering, grief, pain)
- Special events or Holidays (Lent, graduation, Thanksgiving, Advent, Christmas, etc. — changes each quarter)
How to Submit
The form is now closed. It will open again June 1.
If you have questions, please email our Editorial Manager, Grace P. Cho. Please keep in mind that articles or queries sent to Grace via email will not be considered.
We look forward to reading your words!