Thanks for sharing your story with (in)courage!
We are all about creating a community where you find yourself among friends. Since we want to build lasting relationships with our readers and partners, we want to get to know you better and hope you get to know us, too. As you prepare a post for (in)courage, please read “Our Story” and “Our Heart” to get a sense of what this community is about.
Guest Post Submission Calendar
The form will open four times each year, and after submitting a post you will receive a response via email the first week of the following month. (For example, if you submit a guest post for review between December 1st-15th, you will hear back from us the first week of January.)
- December 1st -15th — for posts to be featured January- March
- March 1st -15th — for posts to be featured April – June
- June 1st -15th — for posts to be featured July-September
- September 1st -15th — for posts to be featured October – December
- Your post should be story-driven. Make sure you tell us what you’ve learned from your story and not someone else’s.
- The general tone of your post should feel more “me, too” than “how to” and should offer encouragement to women of various ages, stages, and seasons of life.
- We only accept original pieces that haven’t appeared anywhere else (including your personal blog).
- Posts must be between 600 and 900 words in length.
- Submit your post as a Word document, and include your name and the title of your post in the Word document itself (at the top of the page) as well as in the doc title (example: Kate Courage – Post Title Here.doc).
- If quoting a verse from the Bible, please include the translation from which you are quoting.
- If you have written for (in)courage in the past, we kindly ask that you wait six months from the time of original submission before submitting again. (For example: If you submitted in March and your post was accepted, you must wait till September to submit again.)
- Please do not submit posts to promote items. However, regarding promotion opportunities, you can email Joy Groblebe.
At (in)courage, we seek to share stories that intersect parts of our everyday lives, and that will encourage, empower, inspire, and connect us to one another. Some topics we like to read about are:
- Family | Marriage | Motherhood | Singleness
- Struggle | Suffering | Grief
- Special events | Holidays (ie. Lent, graduation, Thanksgiving, Advent, etc. — changes each quarter)
If your story doesn’t have to fit neatly into one of the above categories, we still want to hear it! If you still have questions, please email our editorial manager, Grace P. Cho.
We look forward to reading your words!
~ the (in)courage team