We want to read YOUR story!
Everyone has a story to tell. Through your first-person stories, we want to read how God has moved in your life, what you’ve learned about Him, or what He’s been showing you as you journey through your faith and life. If you’re new to (in)courage but want to write a devotion for us, please read our About Us page to get a sense of what our community is about.
Guest Submissions Calendar
The submission form will open four times each year. When the form is open, it will be located at the bottom of this page. After submitting a piece, you will receive a response via email the first week of the following month. (For example, if you send a submission for review between December 1–15th, you will hear back from us the first week of January.)
- December 1–15th: for devotions to be featured January–March
- March 1–15th: for devotions to be featured April–June
- June 1–15th: for devotions to be featured July–September
- September 1–15th: for devotions to be featured October–December
- Your devotion should be story-driven and have a strong takeaway (what you want the reader to take away from your article; must be a faith/Jesus-related takeaway). Make sure you tell us what you’ve learned from your story and not someone else’s.
- We only accept original pieces that haven’t appeared anywhere else (including your personal blog).
- Devotions must be between 600 and 900 words in length.
- Submit your devotion as a Word document attachment, and include your full name and working title in the Word document itself (at the top of the page) as well as in the doc title (example: Your Name – Devotion Title).
- If quoting a verse from the Bible, please include the translation from which you are quoting.
- Submit only ONE devotion.
- If you submitted a devotion to (in)courage that was not accepted in the past, we kindly ask that you submit a new piece.
- Please do not submit devotions to promote items. However, regarding promotion opportunities, you can email Joy Groblebe.
- Please DO NOT submit devotions or queries outside of the timeframes above. They will not be considered.
At (in)courage, we seek to share stories that intersect parts of our everyday lives, and that will encourage, empower, inspire, and connect us to one another. Some topics we like to read about are:
- Community (church, neighborhood, global)
- Relationships (singleness, family, marriage, divorce, parenthood, friendships)
- Faith and Identity (prayer, worship, identity, hope)
- Health and Purpose (work, calling, body image, chronic illness, mental health)
- Diversity (culture, race)
- Struggle (suffering, grief, pain, addiction)
- Special events or Holidays (Lent, graduation, Thanksgiving, Advent, Christmas, etc. — varies by quarter)
If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind that articles or queries sent outside of the timeframes above will not be considered. AND? We take our submission guidelines seriously, so please be sure you follow them.
The form is now closed.