One of my favorite parts of a Bloom study is going on right now: when givers are giving, and those who have need, admit it…
and it’s all done quietly and without fanfare. Generous friends purchase Sponsored Books without knowing where they’re going, without needing to know. Other women who really, really want to join our study – who couldn’t because buying a book is a luxury they just can’t justify – are able to ask for a little help simply by completing the request form.
Behind the scenes, DaySpring workers gather up the requests and match them with the gifts and you can almost sense an angel earning her wings. It’s a wonderful thing.
We still need A Million Little Ways book sponsors.
If you’ve been hesitant to purchase a sponsored book because it all seems confusing, you’re not alone. We’ve received the same questions a few times so I thought I’d answer it here once and for all. Here are the 1, 2, 3’s, simplified.
- Click the Sponsored Book option and select the number of sponsored copies you’d like to purchase; it’s perfectly fine for you to add this to an order you’re placing for your own personal copy of A Million Little Ways. You can be sure which item is the sponsor copy because it has the “Sponsor Someone in Need” green bubble in the bottom right corner of the product image.
- If you’re purchasing two or more books, be sure to add the code BLOOMBOOK in the Coupon Code box below the Subtotal and click “Apply”; you’ll see the word FREE pop up in the Estimated Shipping box.
- Click “Check Out” to continue and here’s where people typically give up; they’re nervous because you have to include shipping information. DO NOT WORRY at this stage!! The brilliant workers at DaySpring know which books are for you and which books you’d like to donate because brilliant YOU clicked the correct product images to tell them!
- Continue with your billing and payment information and that’s all there is to it! Easier than pie!
(If you have additional questions please be sure to check out our FAQs page because I bet it’s answered there!!)
Do you have any friends experiencing financial hardship who might like to take part in our fall study but can’t afford a book? Please pass along this post and encourage her to fill out the appropriate book request form at the bottom of the page. The form is set to close Friday night but we reserve the right to extend the deadline if enough sponsored copies are purchased…or to close it earlier if all are spoken for.
See why your Book Sponsorship is so important: recipients do a wonderful job of expressing how grateful they are, how your gift blesses them to the moon and back.
If you haven’t already bought your own copy, DaySpring has A Million Little Ways online at the lowest price I’ve seen. And remember, order two books and you’ll receive free shipping by using the code BLOOMBOOK at checkout (shipping charges apply for one-book orders). If you order a copy today you’ll receive it in time to read before our videos begin on October 21st.
Here’s your homework for the weekend:
- Order your copy of A Million Little Ways and if you’re able, sponsor a copy for one of your incourage sisters.
- Pray for Emily, Jessica and Angie who will be filming videos for the study this weekend; and for Robin (me ) as she writes the posts to go with the videos.
- Like Bloom (in)courage on Facebook and invite your friends to like us, too!
- Invite friends who love to read to join our study. Emily’s book is a perspective-shifter and life-changer.
- Tweet us up! Just use the #inbooks hashtag so we can find you.
We’re excited to see where this study takes us! It won’t be the same without you.
Robin for the Bloom (in)courage team.