Thanks for sharing your story with (in)courage!
We are all about creating a community where you find yourself among friends — all God’s daughters, of every color, race, nationality, and demographic. Since we want to build lasting relationships with our readers and partners (we think you’re more than a project or a number!) we want to get to know you better and hope you get to know us, too. As you prepare a post for (in)courage you may want to read “Our Story” and “Our Heart” to get a sense for what this community is all about.
Guest Post Submission Calendar
We will open this form four times each year:
December – to accept posts to be featured January – March
March – to accept posts to be featured April – June
June – to accept posts to be featured July-September
September – to accept posts to be featured October – December
The submission form will remain open for two weeks. If you submitted a guest post for review in December, you will receive a response by email the week of January 8.
Here are some guidelines to help you as you submit your post:
- We only accept original pieces that haven’t appeared anywhere else (including your personal blog).
- We ask that you only submit one post for consideration — if you have several you think would be a good fit, please choose the strongest piece for us to review.
- Please submit only Word documents.
- Posts must be between 400 and 700 words in length.
- Include your name and the title of your post in the Word document itself (at the top of the page) as well as in the doc title (example: Kate Courage – Post Title Here.doc).
- If quoting a verse from the Bible, please include the translation from which you are quoting.
- Take the time to have someone else read your post for clarity, grammar, spelling, and punctuation before submitting.
- Images are not necessary to include in your post submission.
- If you have written for (in)courage in the past, we kindly ask that you wait six months from the time of original submission before submitting again. (For example: If you submitted in March, you must wait till September.)
- Please do not submit posts under an alias.
- The general tone of your post should feel more “me, too” than “how to” and should be considerate to offer encouragement to women in all ages, stages, and seasons of life.
We take these guidelines very seriously, and we encourage you to do the same!
We look for original, compelling, well-written, story-driven articles that are full of hope to share with our community. We will update the themes on the day the form opens each quarter to help you prayerfully and intentionally craft posts that fit with the overall message and direction of (in)courage during that season, but as always, if you have a message God has put on your heart to share, we’d love to read it!
As a special note: Although we love hearing about new products, we do not publish guest posts that promote items, nor do we offer link swap opportunities. We want to read your words of encouragement and are thrilled when you share your story with us!
We look forward to reading and prayerfully considering your piece. Thanks again and God bless!
~ the (in)courage team