Thanks for wanting to share your story with (in)courage!
We are all about creating a home for the hearts of women — for all of God’s daughters of every color, race, nationality, and demographic. Since we want to build lasting relationships with our readers and partners, and not just projects, we want to get to know you better.
Here are some guidelines to help you as you submit your post:
- We only accept original pieces that haven’t appeared anywhere else (including your personal blog).
- We ask that you only submit one post for consideration — if you have several you think would be a good fit, please choose the strongest piece for us to review.
- Please only submit Word documents.
- Posts should be between 400 and 700 words in length.
- Include your name and the title of your post in the Word document.
- If quoting a verse from the Bible, please include the translation you are quoting from.
- Take the time to have someone else read your post for clarity, grammar, spelling, and punctuation before submitting.
- The general tone of your post should feel more “me, too” than “how to” and should be considerate to offer encouragement to women in all ages, stages, and seasons of life.
- Images are not necessary to include in your post submission.
- If you have written for (in)courage in the past, we kindly ask that you wait three months from the date your post was published before submitting again.
- Please do not submit posts under an alias.
- For some other helpful guest post tips, watch this video by Crystal Stine.
Guest Post Submission Calendar
We will open this form four times each year:
December – to accept posts to be featured January – March
March – to accept posts to be featured April – June
June – to accept posts to be featured July-September
September – to accept posts to be featured October – December
We will update the themes on the day the form opens each quarter to help you prayerfully and intentionally craft posts that fit with the overall message and direction of (in)courage during that season, but as always, if you have a message God has put on your heart to share, we’d love to read it!
The submission form will remain open for two weeks, beginning September 1st, after which we will close it and begin reviewing submissions, so please do not delay in submitting your piece! The form will no longer accept submissions beginning 8 a.m. EST September 15th.
As a special note: Although we love hearing about new products, we do not publish guest posts that promote items, nor do we offer link swap opportunities. We want to read your words of encouragement and are thrilled when you share your story with us!
We’ll look forward to reading and prayerfully considering your piece. We’ll be in touch regarding your submission after the form has closed and we’ve been able to review all the posts. If your submission is a good fit we will be in touch to discuss more details.
Thanks again and God bless!
~ the (in)courage team
We are looking for original, compelling, well-written, story-driven articles that are full of hope to share with our community. Please feel welcome to write as the Lord leads, but if you’d like some suggestions, we’ll share some ideas here when the form reopens on September 1st.
The guest post submission form is now closed. Check back on September 1st when we reopen it to accept guest posts for October – December.