Thanks for sharing your story with (in)courage!
We are all about creating a home for the hearts of women — for all of God’s daughters of every color, race, nationality, and demographic. Since we want to build lasting relationships with our readers and partners, and not just projects, we want to get to know you better.
Here are some guidelines to help you as you submit your post:
- We only accept original pieces that haven’t appeared anywhere else (including your personal blog).
- We ask that you only submit one post for consideration — if you have several you think would be a good fit, please choose the strongest piece for us to review.
- Please submit only Word documents.
- Posts should be between 400 and 700 words in length.
- Include your name and the title of your post in the Word document itself (at the top of the page) as well as in the doc title (example: Kate Courage – Post Title Here.doc.)
- If quoting a verse from the Bible, please include the translation you are quoting from.
- Take the time to have someone else read your post for clarity, grammar, spelling, and punctuation before submitting.
- Images are not necessary to include in your post submission.
- If you have written for (in)courage in the past, we kindly ask that you wait three months from the date your post was published before submitting again.
- Please do not submit posts under an alias.
- The general tone of your post should feel more “me, too” than “how to” and should be considerate to offer encouragement to women in all ages, stages, and seasons of life.
Guest Post Submission Calendar
We will open this form four times each year:
December – to accept posts to be featured January – March
March – to accept posts to be featured April – June
June – to accept posts to be featured July-September
September – to accept posts to be featured October – December
We are looking for original, compelling, well-written, story-driven articles that are full of hope to share with our community. We will update the themes on the day the form opens each quarter to help you prayerfully and intentionally craft posts that fit with the overall message and direction of (in)courage during that season, but as always, if you have a message God has put on your heart to share, we’d love to read it!
Please feel welcome to write as the Lord leads, but if you’d like some suggestions, here a few ideas:
- Why is it important to connect with God before we can truly connect with others?
- What one moment in time changed the way you viewed both the importance and the beauty of friendship?
- Share your favorite story of Valentine’s Day “gone awry”!
- Tell the story of the most sacrificially loving thing someone has ever done for you.
- Do you observe the Lenten season? If so, tell the story of a moment during Lent that helped you prepare your heart for the coming celebration of Easter.
- Tell the story of a girls’ night out! What did you do? What made you laugh? What made you cry?
The submission form will remain open for two weeks, beginning December 1st! The form will close at midnight CST on December 15th. If you submit a guest post for review, you will receive a response by email early January 2017.
As a special note: Although we love hearing about new products, we do not publish guest posts that promote items, nor do we offer link swap opportunities. We want to read your words of encouragement and are thrilled when you share your story with us!
We’ll look forward to reading and prayerfully considering your piece. Thanks again and God bless!
~ the (in)courage team