Note: Giveaway will remain open through 10:00am EST today (5/29/14). Recipients of the FIVE PRIZE PACKS will be announced and added to this post after noon EST. Check back then to see if YOUR name was drawn!! SEE BELOW!!
We haven’t even officially begun our spring Bloom Book Club, but it feels like we’re well underway. You, our wonderful reading community, have meaningfully engaged in comments on Bloom posts and taken off with our first Bloom Book Club Facebook Group! We’re over 300 members and still growing; here is where you have great opportunity to get to know your Book Club sisters a little better. Plus, behind the scenes we’re trying to come up with a few special treats for those who join the FB Group for Pursue the Intentional Life. Once the study kicks off on June 5th, we’ll change the group to Private, so if you haven’t yet joined, please do so!
If this happens to be the first Bloom (in)courage Book Club post that you’re seeing, be sure to read Tuesday’s post which includes the How-To’s for an #inbooks study.
Sponsored Books Still Needed
As expected, many readers who wouldn’t otherwise be able to participate in our Bloom Book Club requested Sponsored Books. We’re grateful to those of you who have purchased a book for an (in)friend in need, but we could still use some help. If you wonder whether or not this makes a difference to those who receive books, read in their own words just how grateful they are.
Please don’t let the process stop you. The way DaySpring’s ordering system is set-up, sometimes we hear it’s confusing. Rest assured, when you purchase a Sponsor Book, it will NOT be sent to your address and it WILL be placed in the hands of a very grateful reader. If you purchase one book, you will have to cover shipping (unless you’ve picked up some other things and your total is over $50); but for any two-book purchase, if you use the code BloomBook, shipping is waived (even if the second book is for yourself)!
Want a 1-2-3 recap? Your wish is my demand!
- Click the Sponsored Book option and select the number of copies you’d like to purchase. This can be the only item you order or part of a larger order.
- If you’re purchasing two or more books, be sure to add the code BLOOMBOOK in the Coupon Code box below the subtotal and click “Apply”. If your order is over $50, you’ll receive free shipping without the code.
- Click “Check Out” to continue and here’s where people typically give up; they’re nervous because you have to include shipping information. NOT to worry–the brilliant workers at DaySpring know which books are for you and which books you’d like to donate because brilliant YOU clicked the correct product images to tell them!
- Continue with your billing and payment information. Done!
(If you have additional questions please be sure to check out our FAQs page because I bet it’s answered there!!)
Note: the time frame for requesting Sponsored Books is over. If you will be receiving a sponsored copy, Bloom administrators will be in touch soon. If there aren’t sufficient copies to accommodate requests or if you missed the request time, we encourage you to request a copy at your local library; if you’re reading this before 10:00AM EST on 5/29, there’s time to enter to win a copy! Books are still available at a discounted rate in the DaySpring store.
What to expect next week and beyond
On Monday, Jessica and Angie will introduce you to Jean, and then on Thursday we’ll begin our study of Pursue the Intentional Life with a look at the first three chapters. Following, we’ll post new videos and blog posts each Monday and Thursday for the duration of our spring (and summer!) Book Club.
The beauty of Bloom is that you can jump in anytime and pick up wherever we are. The videos and posts can be accessed 24/7, so you’re welcome to view and read at a pace convenient to your schedule.
While Bloom is designed with the individual reader in mind, you could also easily adapt it to a group study. Won’t you share with us if that is your intention?
So…before next week, here’s your To-Do list:
- Grab a copy of Pursue the Intentional Life and read through the third chapter.
- Sign up to receive Bloom emails; you’ll be alerted as soon as videos and posts are published.
- Bookmark the Details and Schedule Page to know what chapters we’ll be covering each week.
- Like the Bloom Facebook Page; this is different from our Bloom Book Club Group. Here, you’ll see #inbooks-related posts before and after we’ve completed a study.
- Join the Bloom Facebook Group for PTIL; get to know other readers and discuss the content of each week’s videos. We’re continuing to brainstorm ideas to make this a special group for members.
- Spread the word! Tweet about Bloom. Share with your Facebook friends. Create word art with your favorite quotes and upload to Instagram. However you choose to tell others – even in conversation with friends and family (gasp! in real life!) – will introduce more people to the important message of Jean’s book. For all social shares, please be sure to tag with #inbooks and @incourage.
CONGRATULATIONS to the following readers who will each receive our VERY Intentional Prize Pack:
- Becky, comment 72
- Meg, comment 155
- Liesl, comment 124
- Linda, comment 108
- Martha, comment 82
Please email me at robin dance(dot)me(at)gmail with your US mailing address information and I’ll pass along your information to the DaySpring Giveaway fairies!! Thanks to all who entered!
It’s going to be good, y’all. We can’t wait to share this time with you.
Robin for the Bloom Team
Leave a Comment